Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 8; Dominican Republic

This day was a total bust. We headed to a resort near the ship called Casa de Campo where I had read that you could pay a day use fee of $40 to use the beach and it included lunch (we thought the price was ridiculous, but on this island, we didn't know about any other viable options that didn't cost just as much or more). I had read that you could walk down a bit and use the public access trail and hang out on the beach for free, so when we were told at the resort that the high season rate of $60 each applied, we went looking for the public access. It was HOT and we must have walked for a half hour by the time we decided that there didn't seem to be a trail to the beach, and headed back to the resort. Instead of insisting on paying the money to go to the beach (which is what I wanted to do in the first place), I agreed to go back to the ship, then had a pregnancy-hormone-induced meltdown in the taxi, sobbing because I wanted to go to the beach (and we are worried about Juliet hitting the terrible two's, ugh! Poor Mike. Nothing like a beautifully sunny day in paradise with a crying wife. Lesson learned - next time I'll pull out the credit card and not take "no" for an answer. When on vacation, "too expensive" is not part of my vocabulary).


We went back to the ship and hung out at the pool, then went to the kiddie pool where Juliet made a new friend (at least Mike was able to have a beer to recover from the theatrics - I didn't have the luxury of that option...).



1 comment:

jennifer said...

i love this series of 3 pictures!