Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to You!

Juliet's Birthday Party was at Douglass Park the Saturday before her actual birthday, which is July 2nd. I took on too much, but luckily had a team of helpers who made it all come together (thank you Grammy Linda, Jane, Cousin Shirley, Michael, and last but not least, Mom). It turned out to be such a fun day. The weather cooperated with the exception of some wind, but the park is somewhat protected from the wind, so no one blew away.

We had Pretty Pixie come to entertain the kids. Juliet didn't quite know what to make of her, but the big kids were entranced and I hear that at least one of the adults liked her quite a bit too. She did face painting (and arm painting!) and games and had her audience completely captivated. I told her we would see her again next year. She was great.

We stoked some kids at the playground on our way out by giving them a dozen balloons, some of them really cool butterfly balloons. We saved two butterflies for the birthday girl and she can't get enough of them. We had Jen take photos of the party so that we didn't have to worry about it ourselves, so I will have to post a photo sent to me by Nikki. Once Jen has the photos up, I will post the link so that everyone can see them.

No comments: